- Menopause Symptoms
- Dr. Karen's Kalming Korner
$ 87.45 $ 74.33
ProbioMed™ 250 is our highest potency, shelf stable, dairy-free probiotics formulation containing 250 billion CFU per serving. It consists of ten of the most highly researched probiotic strains, with each strain and specific CFU count being fully disclosed. These are robust strains that are capable of surviving the harsh journey to the intestines and are able to attach to the intestinal walls, where they can grow and function effectively to support GI health.**
ProbioMed™ 250 is offered in novel, single serving stick packs which are lined with a moisture, oxygen, and light resistant film to preserve viability. They do not require refrigeration, making them convenient for travelers and anyone on the go.
What are Probiotics?
Probiotics are naturally-occurring friendly bacteria that enhance health in several key ways, including:
Why Do we Need Probiotics?
Nearly 70% of the immune system is associated with the gastrointestinal (GI) tract through synergistic interactions with various bacteria colonies (flora) that reside in our GI tract to maintain its health and function. Imbalances in this gut flora—either an absence of beneficial bacteria or an overgrowth of unhealthy organisms—can interfere with our quest for optimal health. Abdominal pain, bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhea, and a struggling immune system are some common outcomes of imbalanced gut flora.
Antibiotic therapy, illness, poor diet, stress, and environmental toxins affect the health of our gut flora. In the past, regular consumption of fermented foods helped to maintain healthy gut flora, but these foods are increasingly rare in our diet. The combination of unhealthy lifestyles and a lack of fermented foods in the diet makes it important for most people to supplement with probiotics.
Why Choose ProbioMed™ probiotics?
Transparency: Designs for Health® discloses vital information required to confirm the efficacy of probiotic formulations, including:
• The specific strains of each probiotic species. There are many strains of a specific probiotic species, such as Lactobacillus acidophilus, but not all strains impart significant health benefits. Only select, rigorously studied strains are scientifically-proven to survive, adhere, and function in the GI tract.
• The CFU count per probiotic strain. CFU (colony-forming units) is the number of organisms able to survive and reproduce in the intestines. Some probiotic formulas may include several strains, but contain large quantities of low-cost strains, while including insufficient amounts of the more vital strains.
• The amount of excess CFUs added for each strain. CFU overage ensures consumers are receiving no less than the stated dose of each probiotic strain, in the event that the initial CFU content decreases during production or storage.
Survivability: Many commercial probiotics are unable to survive the harsh journey to the intestines and are unlikely to attach to the intestinal walls, where they can grow and function effectively.
• Acid/Bile Resistance: ProbioMed™ probiotic strains have been scientifically proven to withstand the highly acidic stomach juices and the harsh bile salts they encounter in the small intestine.*
• Gut Adherence: ProbioMed™ probiotic strains have been carefully selected according to their ability to securely adhere to the intestinal walls, where they can colonize and persist.*
Shelf Stability: Live probiotics are fragile organisms that naturally die after production and distribution. This results in many probiotic formulations losing their potency, delivering fewer numbers of beneficial bacteria than expected, and becoming less effective. ProbioMed™ is created with the latest state-of-the-art technology that ensures probiotic strains are alive and effective after packaging and storage for up to 24 months, without the need for refrigeration. Designs for Health® guards against any potential loss of probiotic strains by adding extra quantities of each probiotic to guarantee consumers will receive no less than the stated number of strains in each dose.
Strain Specificity: ProbioMed™ contains 10 of the most well-researched probiotic strains – each with a specific, functional strength that collectively enhances and maintains immune and digestive health.
• Strain Amounts: High doses of specific probiotic strains are helpful to target notable health conditions and to help repair damaged body systems. ProbioMed™ is designed with large quantities scientifically proven to be effective for replenishing the gut flora when intensive recolonization is needed due to antibiotic use and poor health.
• Antibiotic Resistance: The strains chosen for ProbioMed™ do not contain antibiotic resistant genes that could inhibit the effectiveness of necessary antibiotic therapy.
• Innovative, Convenient Packaging: State-of-the-art desiccant-lined bottles protect probiotics from damaging exposure to moisture, oxygen, and light to extend the shelf life of ProbioMed™ while eliminating the need for refrigeration. Similarly, the convenient stick packs are lined with a film that provides a barrier to moisture, oxygen, and light.
• Capsule Technology: 50 B & 100 B capsules feature delayed release technology for optimal survivability from stomach acid & properly timed release of probiotics in the lower GI tract.
Recommended Use: Mix one stick pack (2 grams) into 8-10 ounces of water per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
ProbioMed™ Probiotics are useful for:
How to Take
• ProbioMed™ 50/100: Take one capsule per day with a meal, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
• ProbioMed™ 250: Take one stick pack (2 grams) per day with a meal, or as directed by your health care practitioner.