DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is a naturally occurring compound found in the body that is mostly synthesized in the adrenal glands. The adrenals are the glands that secrete certain hormones and are responsible for the body’s stress or “fight-or-flight” response. Circulating DHEA is used by many tissues such as skin, bone, ovaries and testes.
It converts to other hormones such as estrogen and testosterone in both men and women which are then used for a wide variety of physiological processes. Supplementing with DHEA can be helpful for weight management, healthy aging, ongoing health and vitality, and a balanced stress response. Certain situations can cause the body to slow its natural DHEA production, such as:
- Emotional or physical stress
- Some medications
- Dieting or a vegetarian diet
Benefits of DHEA
- Weight management – DHEA supports healthy fat burning and thermogenesis (the process by which the body raises its temperature or energy output, helping you to burn off more calories). It also supports healthy blood sugar control.
- Menopause/Perimenopause support – Helps to lessen the symptoms women occasionally experience with reduced estrogen production. DHEA also encourages a sense of well being and supports bone health.
- Stress support – Physical and emotional stress can potentially interfere in the body’s natural production of DHEA. Supplementation may help maintain healthy levels of DHEA during these times by counteracting the effects of the stress hormone cortisol (produced by the adrenal glands).
- Medication treatment support – Can help support adrenal system during treatment with corticosteroid drugs.
- Healthy aging – Helps to maintain healthy levels of estrogen and testosterone as we age. It can help preserve vitality, bone /muscle health, and sexual health.
More Potential Benefits of DHEA:
- Weight control
- Stress support
- Drug treatment support
- Sexual health
- Skin health
- Immune function
- Overall brain health
- Age-related changes
- As a dietary supplement, take one capsule per day with a meal, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
- DHEA should be taken in the morning due to its stimulatory effect on metabolism and the brain. It is best absorbed if taken with a meal that contains fat.
Note: Do not use if pregnant, nursing, or planning to become pregnant. If using any hormonal products, consult your health care practitioner before using DHEA.
This product is free of gluten and any artificial fillers or additives.
DHEA in our Young Hormones cream form - DHEA Power
What is DHEA and its FUNCTION
Amazing Benefits of DHEA for YOU
Evidence of DHEA and Weight Loss
Effects of Topical DHEA on Aging Skin
The Stages of DHEA Decrease During Stress
Adrenal Fatigue – Almost ALWAYS in Need of DHEA
Why DHEA is the Ultimate Stress Management Hormone!
The HOT FACTS about DHEA (You Really Should Know)!
How DHEA Helps a Woman Recover from Adrenal Fatigue!
DHEA may be helpful for Weight Management, Healthy Aging & Stress