Did you know that in many women there is an ANDROGEN DOMINANCE that sets in during Midlife?
Given that DHEA is produced naturally, some wonder why it’s consumed as a supplement. The main reason is that DHEA levels decrease as you age, and this decrease is associated with several diseases.
This includes Autoimmune diseases like Hashimotos Thyroid Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, Crohns Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Lupus as well as Allergies from both food and Your Environment.
But as you might expect, Androgens (DHEA and Testosterone), decline through our midlife years, along with our Estrogen and Progesterone - just at different rates than the other hormones, which puts Your Body in an Androgen Dominance even though your Estrogen and Progesterone are lower too.
DHEA is highly sensitive to Cortisol and the Stress of Your Body.
So if you experience ongoing stressful events during your midlife years, Your DHEA levels will suffer and decline at faster rates than if you did not have chronic stress and interestingly, even though your Ovaries produce far less Testosterone as you age.
Testosterone is the one Sex Hormone that continues to be made by the Adrenal Glands as the Ovaries slow their production of it.
So lets think about this for just a second. The Adrenal Glands are still making Testosterone as your Ovaries stop making it, and the other Sex Hormones, Estrogen and Progesterone. But the Adrenal Glands are not making Estrogen and Progesterone in any amounts worth considering... Just the Androgens, Testosterone and DHEA.
Therefore, this results in an Androgen Dominant state.
Well you might guess what happens next.
This is when you start noticing changes like increased facial hair, increased abdominal fat and hair loss on the scalp (all things we see in aging men.) The key is not to decrease your Testosterone at that point. The key is to replace your Estrogen and Progesterone - and thereby eliminate the Testosterone Dominance - and instead keep a nice balance between all the changing hormones.
DHEA Benefits and Supplement Uses
1. Lowers Inflammation: DHEA taken in supplement form boosts certain hormone levels (like testosterone and estrogen), helps prevent autoimmune reactions and mood disorders like depression and improves overall quality of life in many ways.
2. Helps Improve Bone Density and Muscle Mass: Higher DHEA levels improve estrogen production, resulting in higher bone mineral density in older or post-menopausal women. These women are most at risk for bone-related disorders.
3. Protects Against Depression, Cognitive Decline and Mood Swings: DHEA helps balance production of other hormones needed to maintain a positive outlook, energy and motivation, such as testosterone and estrogen. It also lowers the risk for many health conditions and symptoms, some of which contribute to depression.
4. Aids in Weight Loss: While calorie intake and energy expenditure are important factors involved in managing your weight, hormones play a crucial role, too. DHEA helps improve the body’s natural ability to use energy and burn fat, two metabolic processes that usually decline as someone ages. DHEA helps shuttle glucose to cells for energy, reduce insulin levels and stimulate fat burning.
5. Improved Heart Heath and Lowers Diabetes Risk: DHEA may improve blood vessel function and reduce the risk for heart disease and diabetes by lowering inflammation, supporting a healthy metabolism, improving use of glucose and insulin and improving production of sex hormones.
DHEA supplementation helps improve lean muscle mass and promotes hormone balance.
Women’s Midlife Specialist has an awesome association with one of the best professional supplement manufacturer in the World - Designs For Health!
They have over 300 professional grade supplements with the highest ingredients available and formulations that can not be surpassed!
Click Here for a few featured supplements you might be interested in! Click here and create your FREE ACCOUNT with Designs for Health in ONE EASY STEP and start enjoying huge savings on just about any dietary supplement need you have!
DHEA 5 mg 180 vegetarian capsules
DHEA 5mg capsules supply 5mg of DHEA for the synthesis of important hormones and for a variety of potential physiological responses such as healthy aging, ongoing energy and vitality, a balanced stress response, as well as muscle integrity and fat reduction. *This low dose DHEA can be slowly titrated upwards as needed.
Made with non-GMO ingredients.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Questions? Ask away! email@example.com
Visit my free video library for more information:
Young Hormones products: