Here's a New One for You Hormone Brainiacs!
ESTROGEN INCREASES NITRIC OXIDE!
Have you heard of Nitric Oxide? There have been over 60,000 research studies on Nitric Oxide in the last 20 years! Nitric Oxide is best known for it's cardiovascular benefits in our body.
The way Nitric Oxide works in the body was discovered in 1998 by 3 scientists who were awarded the Nobel Prize for the discovery. They discovered the following amazing benefits of Nitric Oxide:
1. Improves memory by increasing communication between nerve cells in the brain and increasing blood flow to the brain.
2. Decreases blood pressure by dilating our arteries and thereby decreases risk of stroke, heart attack and kidney failure.
3. Reduces Inflammation throughout the body.
4. Improves our Immune System by fighting bacteria and cancerous tumors.
5. Improves our stomachs ability to push food into the digestive tract faster and more efficiently.
6. Improves our sleep quality helping us reach deeper levels of sleep.
7. Improves our sense of smell.
8. Increases our endurance, muscle strength and recovery from muscle injury.
9. Helps improve erectile dysfunction in men and clitoral atrophy in women.
And... yes... Estrogen plays a critical factor in Nitric Oxide production in the body. This is one of the ways it is felt that Estrogen helps decrease blood pressure and decrease the risk of heart disease as well as help with memory, arthritis, gastric motility (movement), sleep efficiency, energy levels and our sex drive!
Nitric Oxide is pretty important! (And so is Estrogen!)
Here are 5 ways to increase increase Nitric Oxide:
1. Bio-identical Hormone Replacement (at safe doses please!)
2. Eating vegetables high in Nitrates (like Beetroot, Spinach, Lettuce and Celery)
3. Increase your level of Anti-Oxidants - Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Glutathione, and Polyphenols - like the Savvy Sister's Super Support Nutrient Packs!
4. Take L-Arginine - an Essential Amino Acid (of course ALSO in Savvy Sister's Super Support Nutrient Packs!)
5. Exercise! Exercise stimulates your cells to make more Nitric Oxide!
Pretty cool stuff huh?!
Thought you'd like this one!