Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
For thousands of years ancient cultures have utilized the bright yellow plant for a number of preventive and restorative treatments. It is only in the past couple of decades that Western medicine has recognized the herb’s therapeutic role in complementary healthcare.
Turmeric and curcumin have proven to be effective for both preventive and therapeutic treatments. The 4000-year-old spice has shown significant promise as a potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimutagenic, antimicrobial, and anticancer agent earning a place in the complementary, alternative health and wellness landscape.
Top 5 Benefits of Curcumin during Menopause! This is Juicy Stuff - so Enjoy!
1. Curcumin helps decrease hot flashes! Curcumin is a phytoestrogen! Phytoestrogens are plant substances that have mild estrogen like activity that have NOT shown to increase actual estrogen levels in the body, but instead exert mild “estrogenic like” effects that help with the symptoms women have as their Estrogen levels decline.
2. Curcumin decreases the risk of breast cancer! One study showed how it even decreased the rates of breast cancer caused by synthetic ProgesTINS (medroxyprogesterone). Following discovery that it was the synthetic Medroxyprogesterone in Prempro that increased a woman’s risk of breast cancer (and not the estrogen), Curcumin was given to women on this drug with amazing results! The women on Curcumin had decreased rates of Breast Cancer even though they were still taking this “poison” known to increase malignant breast tumors. Now this certainly doesn’t mean women should ever consider taking any synthetic ProgesTINS but it is fascinating that the phytoestrogen, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory effects of Curcumin serves as a partial protectant against the ravages of ProgesTINS.
3. Curcumin helps decrease joint pain. As Estrogen declines, the flexibility of our joints, tendons and ligaments decrease, we experience bone loss at an alarmingly fast rate, and we are prone to adhesive capsulitis (or frozen shoulder). Curcumin’s anti-inflammatory actions help decrease the inflammation that is associated with all of these conditions and thereby is very helpful for the pain and inflammation associated with “menopause arthritis”.
4. Curcumin has been shown to decrease bone loss in rats who were subjected to surgical removal of their ovaries. In this study, Curcumin reduced the bone loss by 50%! WOW! That was very important to me because ladies... we MUST maintain our bone mass! Weak bones lead to frailty, immobility, falls and fractures. No Way! We're too Savvy for that!
5. And last but certainly not least... Curcumin is good for your heart! This is super important since heart disease is the number one killer in America and Estrogen is so important to help the flexibility of the blood vessels, helping control rising blood pressure that occurs as vessels stiffen with age and low hormone levels. Plus... Did you know that women are more likely to get strokes than men? UGH! Yes! Men are more likely to get heart attacks than women. But women are more likely to get strokes than men! Curcumin has an effect on the blood that helps decrease blood clot formation that causes strokes. It also helps counteract the stiffening of the arteries, allowing the arteries to expand and contract properly, (just like Estrogen does), thereby also helping keep the blood pressure down.
Hope you enjoyed this!
Savvy Sisters Super Support - CONTAINS CURCUMIN!!!
Savvy Sisters Super Support is a Dietary Supplement containing Essential Nutrient Packets for your Morning and Evening Supplemental Health.
Directions for Use: take one a.m. packet and one p.m. packet, five days per week, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Over $300 worth of supplements in convenient Morning and Evening Supplement Packets.
Packets Include 2-Month Supply of:
Questions? Ask away! firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit my free video library for more information:
Young Hormones products: